My birthday is approaching, and I am very excited because we will have guests for the occasion. However, this leads me to think that I need to transform our home. I’ve had much work lately, and my husband and kids haven’t helped me much with household chores. I left many things uncleaned and untidy. And now the job will come in handy. But what to do, I? I will have to deal with things in order. But this time, no one will be idle. To start cleaning at home, I need to have a particular mood. And the spirit comes when I play my favourite songs and melodies, so I stimulate my work enthusiasm.
I do not want to waste time on unnecessary details. Time is precious, and the more practical and quick I approach things, the better.
In all the clutter, it’s good to start with the kitchen and living room, which are together like one big room. You know that we spend most of our time there and we collect a lot of dust and dirty dishes, crumbs on the ground and whatnot. However, I will apply some tricks that I have learned over time when cleaning the house. I want to share them with you now.
- 1. For cleaning the surfaces and especially the tiles in the kitchen and the bathroom, the sink, and other characters, I use a universal cleaning spray. Versatile cleaning sprays are widely advertised and famous, with some advertisements mentioning more than 2,000 home applications. If so, you can find out for yourself by using them for different surfaces at home.
- 2. Get foam to remove stains. Stains on carpets, upholstery, and home textiles are common and should be treated quickly before leaving permanent marks. You spray foam and clean them effectively, leaving a pleasant aroma.
- 3. Instead of cleaning children’s plastic toys one by one, use the dishwasher.
- 4. Wash the plush toys in the washing machine of the “delicate” program and without detergent.
- 5. Ventilate the house regularly – this will reduce the content of harmful waste products from cigarette smoke and keep the air fresh.
- 6. Time to clean the windows. It is one of the most time-consuming tasks for many of us. And I am no exception. Most homemakers start washing windows when the sun shines outside. That opens the mood and desire to clean, as well as the opportunity to dissolve anywhere. But this does not seem to be the right decision. We should clean the windows when it is cloudy outside. In sunny weather, they can dry quickly, but they can leave stains of detergent or water.
- 7. Chalk can easily remove greasy stains on walls or furniture. Rub the stain with chalk and clean with a towel.
- 8. With citrus, such as grapefruit, you can quickly polish the siphon in the bathroom and toilet. Thanks to the acid contained in citrus, the dirt breaks down quickly, and the appearance of the surfaces becomes shiny. In addition, they kill fungi and bacteria. To remove the smell from old sneakers and shoes, you can put sliced lemons in them. They will remove the unpleasant odour from them by absorbing the molecules that cause it.
- 9. The next piece of advice that applies to me is to get used to doing a little homework every day. So the clutter will not be so great, and you will have more time for the leading cleaning at the end of the week.
- 10. Use the programs for a delayed start of the washing machine. This way, you won’t have to wait for the washing machine to stop to stretch or move them to the clothes dryer. We know that removing clothes quickly after washing is essential to prevent creasing.
- 11. If the toilet and the bathroom are together, you can fill the toilet bowl with detergent while taking a shower, and at the end of the bath, you can rinse it so that dirt does not accumulate. It is advisable to clean the toilet at least twice a week with detergent. Hard-to-reach places in the bathroom where you notice mould you can quickly treat if you pour vinegar into a spray bottle. Spray and allow to dry, then soak up and wipe with a towel or toilet paper.
Cleaning the Oven
Something I often put off is cleaning the oven. Contamination from food, grease, burnt particles, and scale can occur with each use. We need to clean all this in time. Otherwise, we will have to rub hard dried stains. That would take us much more time and effort.
I recommend taking a few minutes to clean the oven after each cooking so that dirt does not build upon it.
Here are three more tips to quickly and easily clean your oven in less than 15 minutes:
- 1. Simultaneously with cleaning the oven, you can clean the unpleasant brown plaque from the window by smearing it with a mixture of baking soda and warm water. You can apply this mixture to the window and wait about 10 minutes. Then wipe off the dirt – it won’t bother you because it will break down completely.
- 2. For more detailed cleaning of old and dried stains in the oven, you need vinegar and baking soda. Mix them and apply them to the spots. It is good to wait at least 10 minutes for the mixture to work and soften the dirt, then wipe with a towel or sponge.
- 3. Another way to quickly clean the oven is baking powder and a mix of lemon juice and baking soda. This homemade “detergent” will help clean the oven stoves for 15 minutes. Place the mixture in a spray bottle and spray the inside of the oven. After waiting a while, wipe with a soft cloth. The stove is not only clean but also flavored. So, hopefully, these tips will help you clean your home quickly and easily. And I continue to prepare for my birthday – my special day.